Tuesday, January 28, 2014

in the jungle






this little book caught my eye in the thrift store some while ago due to its happy cover. its written and illustrated by 7-years old Ileana Holmboe in 1944. she won a competition for children by the Danish publisher Rosendahl & Jørgensen and had her contribution published. her colourful, naïve drawings make us smile, and i love that the book is printed with her fantastic 1944-7-years-old-handwriting. the story is a jungle adventure, and the tiger is just as cruel as the drawing shows but everything has a happy ending.

Ileana Holmboe: "Urskov-Æventyr", Rosendahl & Jørgensen, 1944.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Saskia - yes, and quite unusual! As I was googling the book to learn more about it, I saw that it was also published by a Basel-based publisher in German, "urwald-abenteur" :)

      Delete
    2. I'll have to search for it ...

      Delete
    3. I'll have to search for it ...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. ja, den er både sjov og fin - og FV er meget optaget af, at det er et barn, der har skrevet og tegnet :)

      Delete

Please drop me a line - it makes me so happy to hear from you!

Send en lille hilsen - hvis du ikke har en blog selv, kan du vælge "Name/URL" i "Choose an identity" skrive en hilsen og klikke send -– jeg bliver så glad for at høre fra Jer!