Monday, August 12, 2013

Jockum Nordström: Sailor och Pekka







One thing I really enjoy when we are on vacation is using plenty of time searching for new books for the kids (and myself, of course). I browse through the bookshelves at flea markets and thrift stores and in local book shops. This summer I found several really nice ones - one pile is left in the house, another is brought with us home. I picked out some of them to show you and recommend throughout the nearest time.

This is one of Jockum Nordström's wonderful Sailor and Pekka books. I have been dying to get my hands on these books for so long - and was really happy (- and somewhat surprised) to find a couple of them in the local book shop nearby our Swedish house. It was no disapointment. The illustrations really are something special, and Frida Viola loves the cartoon like parts. I love the colours, the collages and the wonderful expressions of the characters. The first three photos depict Sailor's hallucinatory dreams while having a fever.

Jockum Nordström: "Sailor blir Sjuk", rabén&sjögren.
Sailor & Pekka at fine little day shop.

3 comments:

  1. Great! This is such a special book in the best way. I'm already looking forward to the other ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Inger Marie

    Jeg låner lige en af de her billeder, så jeg kan anbefale din blog, på min blog FB side.
    Håber det er ok og tak for en altid utrolig smuk og inspirerende blog :)

    Ha en dejlig dag
    Céline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Céline - du er mere end velkommen! Bare hyggeligt, du har lyst til at følge med her hos os - og jeg kan jo kun sige i lige måde mht. fin og inspirerende blog :)

      Delete

Please drop me a line - it makes me so happy to hear from you!

Send en lille hilsen - hvis du ikke har en blog selv, kan du vælge "Name/URL" i "Choose an identity" skrive en hilsen og klikke send -– jeg bliver så glad for at høre fra Jer!