Friday, March 30, 2012

Noix de coco



Just before Molly was born, Frida Viola and I took a baking day. We made these very easy and quickly coconut cakes. I love coconut, and it is one of the sweet thing Frida Viola can actually have with her allergy - but I find ordinary coconut cakes far to sweet so I tried to twist the traditional version a bit and added a lot of very finely chopped almonds, a little bit of quinua and candied ginger - and almost no sugar. They turned out very good.

This is how we did:
2 egg whites
50 g of cane sugar
vanilla corn
100 g desiccated coconut
100 g of finely chopped or grounded almonds (leave the peel on)
1-2 tbs finely chopped candied ginger
a little bit of quinua

Whip egg whites, sugar and vanilla. Add the rest. Make little tops and garnish with little bits of ginger (we did 25 tops). Bake for 15 minutes at 180 celsius.

1 comment:

Please drop me a line - it makes me so happy to hear from you!

Send en lille hilsen - hvis du ikke har en blog selv, kan du vælge "Name/URL" i "Choose an identity" skrive en hilsen og klikke send -– jeg bliver så glad for at høre fra Jer!